Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Hey! Curious individual that I am, I wanna know how many different people are reading this

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fancy Schmancy

That's what I like to call it, more as a term of endearment than anything else though, if you know what I mean. But you probably call it "Prom".

Personally, I like "fancy schmancy". Then again, I'm a crazy freak that enjoys putting their thoughts and ideas out for a judgmental world to view and comment upon. Not like I've gotten any comments. Eh. It doesn't bother me all too much. This is my blog, after all. Set up by me, for me, and only written for myself. If someone else is enjoying it, then good for them. Otherwise, I don't really give a rat's ass.

Anyway. Back to the fancy schmancy dance known as Prom.

It's supposed to be epic, especially for me because I'm graduating in (omigodomigodomigod) less than a month, but tonight's prom? ... Huge. Epic. Fail.

It was awful. Really.

I don't know about you, but I like music. One of my favorite quotes in life, and also a favored motto, is "Music on; world off". Was the music on? Yes. Was the world off? .... Kind of. The question that really matters, the question that will thoroughly describe the dance in a few short and simple words, "Was the music worth it?" My answer: Hell no.

To me, music is something to be revered. You cherish it. Worship it. Love it. Our DJ? .... Not so much. Litterally, the only songs he played all the way through were Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, some weird dance thingie, the Cha Cha Slide, the Cupid Shuffle, and a (c)rap(py) hiphop song. Seriously. All the rest began (literally) halfway through the song and then played for about a minute and a half before sloooooowly oozing into another song.

And before you ask what's the matter with that, imagine this...

Imagine Uprising by Muse. And Party in The USA by Miley Cyrus. .... Imagine Uprising meshing with PitUSA and then sloooooooowly morphing into just PitUSA. ... Yeah. It gave me the BIGGEST headache I've had in quite a while. Even bigger than my reaction/sleeploss headache from Friday.

I think a part of me died inside.

Oh! And the songs themselves freaking sucked. ... Yeah. I recognized the Cha Cha Slide, the Cupid Shuffle, the weird ho-down song, and Journey's ever famous Don't Stop Believing. The rest? Pretty much went like this::
DJ: *begins playing random song halfway through old song*
Me: Wtf...?
Friend: *shrugs*

Yeah. But the bonus points for this year? I didn't go outside and mope. I didn't dance with a guy... But one of my best friends was with her boyfriend - the one that called me beautiful - so we got to mess with him all night, two good friends came together and the girl looked like a freaking gorgeous princess, and two of my good friends won the king and queen position.

Sad points: Cute Guy #1 is MIA until Monday. Sad panda. Cute Guy #2 is MIA. Period. So I'll see him Monday, too. Cute Guy #3.... Still doesn't realize that he's in a lose-lose situation unless he leaves his girlfriend.... The girls at my school are sluts. ... No surprise there. We nearly got in trouble when we went to eat after Prom... Because some teens roughed up the Plaza in Kansas, and now everyone else is on edge. ... Great. Restaraunt rulez: Must be at least 18 or accompanied by an adult of at least 25 years of age. What a hassle! Le sigh...

And (on a completely different note) my Forensics meet today absolutely SUCKED. But it's cool. :] I'll live.

So.... The day in a short, wholesome nutshell. .... To bed now. :] Kinda sleepy. Hoping for good dreams, yea~?

Thanks for (not?) listening, everyone. Enjoy your morning/day/afternoon/evening/night. And remember.... Be safe. :]

[/rant]

Ever Yours,
The Night Thief
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment