Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Hey! Curious individual that I am, I wanna know how many different people are reading this

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How It Ends -- Review

I can finally write a review for this. Finally. It took a solid day to gather my thoughts... But I did it. :] So let's take it from the top. :]

Novel::

"How It Ends" by Laura Wiess

Summary::

All Hanna's wanted since Sophomore year is Seth. She's one out with other uys, even ained a rep for being a flirt, all the while hoping cool, guitar-playing Seth will choose her. Then she gets him -- but their relationship is hurtful, stormy and critical, not at all what Hanna thinks a perfect love should be. Bewildered by Seth's treatment of her and in need of understanding, Hanna decides to fulfill her school's community service requirement by spending time with Helen, her terminally ill neighbor, who she's turned to for comfort and wisdom throughout her life. But illness has changed Helen into someone Hanna hardly knows, and her home is not the refuge it once was. Feeling more alone than ever, Hanna gets drawn into an audiobook the older woman is listening to, a fierce, unsettling story of passion, sacrifice, and devotion. Hanna's fascinated by the idea that such an all-encompassing love can truly exist, and without her even realizing it, the story beings to change her. Until the day when the story becomes all too real...and Hanna's world is spun off its axis by its shattering, irrevocable conclusion.

My Thoughts::
"How It Ends" hit me hard and hit me fast. It might have been because I know how Hanna felt in the proloue. I've been through a tough time that eventually did lead to a divorce, and like any young child would, I blamed myself. And I felt an immediate kinship with Helen who had to create a fictional world to keep young-Hanna happy. Being an older sister to a younger brother took a lot out of me, especially when his questions went on and on and on.

As the years went on, Helen reminded me distinctly of my own grandmother, now deceased, who would also take in the stray cats (once-owned by people who decided that dropping them in the middle of BFE was a good idea) from the area and feed them and slowly gain their trust.

And as the story progresses, you see that Seth is... Well. He's a pain. Simply put, be glad he's not real. Sure, there are guys like him out there... But after reading this, you'll know who they are and what they're reeeally doing. And you can slap a hazard stickeron him, or something. >:]

More than likely, if I reveal too much more, I'll spoil the whole story... So go and check this book out and read for yourself "How It Ends".

Hah. :D Play on words, see? ... Well. It was corny. But I tried. =P

Seriously though, go read it.

Rating::

FIVE out of FIVE stars!

Well. Time to skip out...

I have pie to eat, after all. >:D

Ever Yours,
The Night Thief

No comments:

Post a Comment