Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Ranting on the Route to Insanity

Hey! Curious individual that I am, I wanna know how many different people are reading this

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Irony at its best

Irony is a bitch. Seriously.

I’ve just spent over six hours on a bus that would take me to and from a town in the middle of nowhere to attend a choral competition at the middle-of-nowhere town’s high school. ... The time actually sepnt in that high school? About three hours.

And I repeat: Irony is a freaking bitch.

Where’s Karma when I need it?

But it’s all cool. Mostly.

The bus ride there was okay. We were allowed to sleep on the ride there, mainly because it was three freaking hours, so instead of sleeping, I pulled out my mp3 player, blasted music, and lightly dozed for about ten minutes every... Twenty miles or so. It’s hard to sleep-sleep when your head smacks the window every other second. That and my morning meds keep me awake. But whatever.

The competition itself was... Eh.

I didn’t go watch anyone sing their solos. Mainly because I’ve already seen them so many times in the classroom that I could probably sing them myself. And because I don’t/didn’t sing until 1:20 or so... (You’ve probably guessed that I’m writing this part as it’s happening...) I flopped down in their distinctly unusual cafeteria and fiddled around on my laptop.

Gotta say.... Good way to pass the time.

Except for the fact that my laptop’s going to die in an hour or so because it’s not plugged in. ... Not my fault though. This time. Every time I try to move to the table nearest to the plug in someone else sits down at the table.

Oh well.

***
Time for the ride home.

(This next part has been written long after the ride was over.)

The ride home was, fortunately, rather uneventful.

We were celebrating because one group got a 1 rating while the second group got a 2. That’s good. Really good.

And, of course, the day drained me like no other. I mean, I’m used to it. Being drained by about five horus of singing. The adrenaline rush is a major exhauster. You heart beats a million miles a minute for about five minutes... And then suddenly, BAM! You’re exhausted.

I sang twice. ... So I went through that twice.

AAAND!

I hung out with a couple cute guys. And was talking to one this evening before I decided to quit procrastinating and went to finish typing this up. ... He’s cute. And sweet. And crazy-insane. And he’s seriously awesome. I feel lucky. xD

Anyway. Exhaustion. Bus. Riding home. Right.

We’re n the bus, and I’m flat exhausted. I prop one of my books in the corner, drop my jacket over it, and curl up. I didn’t expect to sleep - the bus was hitting a bump every other second. So when I dozed off, I was certainly not expecting to wake up on the ground with a stinging knee. And that was when I discovered...

The bus bit me.

Okay... So I fell off the seat. But the bus still scarred up my knee and BIT ME! :o

Aaaand... Exhausted again. Gonna kick my net into gear, post this and then go to bed. ‘Cause I’m tired. And there’s nothing you can say or do to stop me.

I’ll post something amusing when I get back up. :] Promiiise~

Ever Yours,
but still super tired and ready to pass out for twelve solid hours,
The Night Thief

No comments:

Post a Comment